• (705) 789-4551
  • Huntsville ON

Properties

The Court House

Property Highlights

36 Chaffey Street, Huntsville ON
3 Floors, 11 Professional Suite
Geo-Thermal HVAC
Free Daily Parking
Picnic Area
Waste Removal & Recycling

The Court House was attractively built in consultation with the Justice System by the Ontario Realty Corporation in 1988. The location is shared with the well-known historic “Pink House” which is a landmark itself.

The building is conveniently situated on Chaffey St, steps from the downtown core.

Exterior Photo
Interior Photos

The Pink House

Property Highlights

34 Chaffey Street, Huntsville ON
3612 Sq Ft
Free Daily Parking
Picnic Area
Waste Removal & Recycling
Property Maintenance Provided

The Proudfoot House was in 1894 by William Proudfoot, a Muskoka Master Builder and Architect, as his own residence. The handsome Queen Anne style house of narrow pink clapboard, sits prominently atop Hunt’s Hill, overlooking the Town of Huntsville. The property is designated for architectural and historical reasons.

This building is fully leased by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.

Following is a brief excerpt from “Huntsville Ontario: A Guide to the Historical & Architectural Heritage of Downtown Huntsville”:

This handsome Victorian house, painted it’s original pink colour, was built during the 1890s by William Proudfoot for his own family. He was a master builder who was responsible for designing and building many of the finer houses and buildings in the town. He was married to Lydia Hunt, one of Captain Hunt’s daughters. (This house is the only remaining structure in the town relating to the Hunt family.) Architecturally it represents the Queen Anne Revival style, with brackets and a bay window to the south that rises the full three stories.